Google Places For Local Business
One seo technique you really want to get to grips with is listing your business on Google Local Business Centre, or as it is now known Google Places. It can help you achieve page 1 rankings for numerous keyphrases.
Google Places is basically a business Directory, but the biggest directory on Earth. Not only is it tied in with Google Maps, so that everytime someone looks at a map your business could be there. It also means your business could show up on any of the millions of mobile phone/tablet users as well.
If you have’nt already, then claim your business listing now. Or contact us to do the job for you. Everyday millions of people search for local businesses just like yours using Google Maps. And best of all, the service is free to use except for a little bit of time and know how.
When entered, your business listings will show up in Google everytime someone types a local search (eg. Basildon Plumbers or car dealers Brentwood etc.). Because Google are becoming very focused on narrow searches, the Google Places listings tend to be shown before the organic web results are. This means that you really do need to get a share of that search engine traffic.
All you have to do is submit your website and enter additional information such as pictures, video,voucher codes etc.
How To Submit Your Business To Google Places
If you want to get registered then just follow these easy steps:-
- First of all sign up for Gmail account if you dont already have one
- Now go to the holy grail that is Google Places and proceed to the registration area.
- Now just fill out all the information, and dont scrimp. The more information that gets entered increases your score and position in places.
- When finished, you will need to verify who you are, either by phone or a postcard mailed to you. Mail takes forever and phone is instant, so use the phone option.
- Thats it, you will be listed usually within hours.
There are other things you can do with your listing including adding voucher codes and sending messages to your potential buyers, and you can upload more videos and photos. These however are the basic steps to take. If you really want the listing to drag in the traffic, your account will need some seo and maintenance just like your website.
We offer a full Google Places listing service, that includes:-
- Set up your dedicated Google Places listing
- Add content including video and pictures
- Monthly updates and managment
- Full seo work to put you on top and make sure you can be found on Google Maps
Dont forget, your listings will show up on computers and mobile phones, laptops and tablet pc’s as well so it’s well worth the effort. Check out our guide to get listed in local directories. Every day we put off things because we are too busy, but make the time to put your business on the map.